The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an Oracle APEX Software Developer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) mission. In this mission we provide all encompassing IT services to our DoD customer. The project needs a hands on front end developer to build fast paced front end web applications using Oracle APEX. You will contribute in a team environment to research, design, develop, and support a software system which is undergoing significant modernization. This position is open to teleworking, but candidate would need to be within driving distance of Chambersburg, PA for occasional meetings.
• Closely work with functional and architecture teams to analyze business and IT requirements for the front end.
• Design and build web applications using Oracle APEX, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL that meets functional requirements and performance needs.
• Responsible for front end code development and maintenance, implementation, performance tuning, and migration
• Build SQL queries, views, materialized views, PL/SQL procedures, functions, packages, triggers etc. to support development of robust front end applications
• Extensively work with large Oracle Databases in Development, Testing and Production environments.
• Load data from legacy systems using SQL Loader
• Develop standards and transition plans to move from current state into new modernized state.
• Work with the architecture, development and test teams in developing a deep understanding of the ELT processes
• Review data models activities using standard COTS tools and analyze impacts on front end UI.
• Perform across the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from concept development, design, testing, implementation, integration and deployment
• Develop and maintain software technical documentation to assist with software and application maintenance and upgrades
• Closely work with the test team to develop test plans and procedures to ensure comprehensive testing of the front end.
• Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods
• Adheres to laws, standards, established guidelines and industry best practices for development and delivery of software applications.
• A BS degree in computer science or related field and 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
• Proficiency in Oracle APEX - including customizing Knowledge Modules using PL/SQL, Python, and/or Java. Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and troubleshoot applications
• Proficiency with working in Oracle 12c environment, SQL and PL/SQL (packages, stored procedures, triggers). Expertise in working with Oracle SQL*Developer
• Working knowledge of data warehousing concepts, terminology, and architecture. Working knowledge of data modeling
• General knowledge of DISA STIGS and how they influence and establish best-practices within the IT environment
• Goal oriented and self-motivated
• Candidate must have the ability to work independently or within a team environment
• Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to create software design and engineering documents
• Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work
• Ability to learn, excel and deliver at a quick pace is required
Active Secret Clearance
Security + certification - preferred
Oracle Apex Administration