Job Requisition:Antarctic Project Management Manager
The Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) operates and maintains the National Science Foundation's U.S. research sites in Antarctica. Responsibilities for this position include management and oversight of the project management function for the ASC. Projects performed on ASC range from new build facility construction through revitalizing the infrastructure. Projects such as existing building remodeling, Information Technology systems development, deployment and integration, infrastructure upgrades or replacements, building jacking and supporting remote science project support.
The Projects Management Manager will establish standard processes, define a project planning and initiation process, instill execution methodologies tools, develop transparent project status reporting and metrics for consistent and effective project management activities, as well as have routine customer contact. This includes establishing the processes and procedures all project managers will follow when executing an ASC project. This position performs the horizontal organization integration effort to analyze schedule impacts and resource conflicts and work with resource managers, sustaining operation functions to establish priorities and resolve impacts to ensure the performance baseline of each project is maintained.
- Personnel management of 10-20 employees, CAM/budget responsibilities of $20MM, preparation and delivery of specified contract deliverables and scheduling of resources, integration with support organizations and site management.
- Responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance on each project to ensure a baseline is established and progress against the baseline is routinely measured.
- Bachelor's degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 –13 years of prior relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in supporting or leading the setting up of a Program/Project Management Offices (PMOs)
- Past experience in leading a PMO or multiple project managers
- Demonstrated Project Management experience, including cost/budgets, schedules, and product deliverables
- P&L responsibility
- Risk Management
- Cost and Schedule Management
- Design experience and/or engineering management
- Demonstrated experience leading large groups of employees
- Experience in earned value management and reporting
- Experience with remote/austere environments, and/or complex logistical challenges
- Experience developing and implementing a project portfolio
Experience with subcontracts and material procurement's
- Past experience managing a small program and/or a portfolio of projects valued at ~$25M or greater
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.