Leidos is working closely with the U.S. Navy at Naval Warfare Surface Center Carderock Division. The goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.
Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Management Support Analyst supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Manassas, VA. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, self-starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and simulation systems. Responsibilities include system requirement analysis, integration, testing, supervision of trainer installation, training of Naval customers, product documentation, and product support.
The candidate will be expected to interact with internal developers as well as external development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers. This individual will facilitate and contribute to the design and operation of the trainer by performing multiple tasks. Travel is required to trainer sites at various naval bases, and will account for 10%-15% of the job.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a technical field and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Naval experience in Undersea Warfare as a submarine officer onboard a USN submarine is required.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
- Extensive knowledge of system employment of the AN/BQQ-10 Acoustic Tactical System, AN/BYG-1 Combat Control Systems, Imaging Systems and/or BLQ-10 ES System is highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- The individual must be comfortable working with Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day-to-day tasks.
- Program support, software development/testing, LAN administration, Information Assurance experience and/or multi-system integration experience is beneficial.
Leidos Carderock is the prime contractor for a number of training and simulation systems used throughout the US Navy. These training systems have been extremely well received by the customer. According to the Navy: "There is no other trainer like this in the world. The modeling and the fidelity are unmatched." "This is a quantum leap in being able to make the [training] system realistic." "The technology that backs this system up is head and shoulders above anything we have ever seen before."