Leidos has an opportunity for a Personnel Security Specialist, Grade level 3 at the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Huntsville, AL. This candidate will provide direct support and service to the administration of the FBI Security Program by participating in the summarizing of data and composing necessary correspondence to appropriate FOs for initiation of investigation, outlining background of individual cases, advising of information obtained from research and analysis and defines security concerns. It's imperative that this self-starter should have strong communication skills, a fine attention to details, and have demonstrated knowledge of security -related investigation guidelines.
Primary Responsibilities duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Proficient computer skills to include of the Microsoft suite of tools and have a working knowledge of Internet use to conduct research and / or open source checks in aid of investigations.
- Ability to become acclimated with and utilize the various FBI and community IT systems for conducting automated record checks.
- Knowledge of and have the capability to use Lexis Nexis.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks such as querying databases, filing, processing mail, performing audits.
- Review and analyze requests for investigations concerning security clearances, reciprocity, requirements, violations, and assessments. Subjects of the investigations range from on-board employees, contract / access applicants and other personnel requiring security clearances or access to FBI facilities.
- Review and analyze various Bureau investigative files and related material to determine and extract all possible identifying information, matching records, questionable or overlapping elements and other areas of investigative consideration, which could have a bearing on an individual's reliability, trustworthiness, and loyalty.
- Conduct Personnel Security Interviews (PSIs) as determined during the course of the security investigation, in conjunction with information developed or per the request of FBI HQ.
- Prepare a detailed analysis of all information developed, supporting analysis and recommendations to initiate further investigation, and any additional security concerns and recommendations based on this information, which would include remedial or precautionary action to meet minimum security standards. Ensure that all relevant information and justification is developed and properly considered in accordance with security policies and Bureau regulations
- Review Personnel Security Questionnaires (SF-86 and SF-85P)
- Verify information submitted on applications
- Contact subjects via approved methods to complete information on background investigation forms
- input data from MAC applications
- Retrieve data from credit bureaus, request Local Agency Checks, review reports to determine criminal record, traffic violation, etc.
- Prepare reports on investigations resulting from interviews conducted during the background investigations.
- The candidate must currently hold a TS security clearance and must be capable of obtaining a SCI clearance that includes a requirement to pass a CI polygraph exam
- Five (5) years of experience in the personnel security investigative or investigative analyst field experience developing and writing Reports of Investigation upon which a security and / or suitability adjudication record can be created.
- A bachelor's degree in any field of study.
- Thorough knowledge of governing EOs, Security Executive Agent Directives, judicial guidelines, Federal Investigative Standards, IC Directives, and instructions affecting the conduction of investigations and adjudications and the safeguarding of National Security Information in order to independently plan and develop security assessment investigation analysis and recommendations.
- Experience in interpreting Governmental and commercial database checks to identify areas of concern during the investigative process.
- Experience analyzing investigative reports and other sources of information to identify security vulnerabilities; to develop investigative leads; to propose a recommendation as to the approval, denial, or revocation of eligibility for access to national security information based on the application of the appropriate adjudicative standards.
- Knowledge of DOJ and FBI regulations regarding the personnel security process.
- Experience conducting interviews and security briefings, discussing analysis and opinion in a concise, logical and objective manner, and preparing written communications setting forth analyses and recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of the indices systems, various record check systems, and file review processes in order to develop and extract the most complete and accurate information relative to the subject as possible.