The Help Desk Systems Administrator will be a member of a leading edge, dynamic technical program - NEWTTON. This program is a small development program in Washington DC with Agile Development and migration to the cloud. This development program is a workflow tool to engage linguists for the Intelligence Community.
The Help Desk Systems Administrator is responsible for Tier 1 and 2 helpdesk activities, responding to user concerns, and Tier 3 systems administration work. The Tier 1 and 2 Help Desk activities are creating and disabling accounts, changing passwords, ensuring functionality of the system. The Tier 3 support includes trouble shooting application issues within Windows Servers, migrating data between multiple systems, and coordinating development efforts for system issues. The Helpdesk is required to support 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday - Friday. There are two Helpdesk Shifts: 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM and 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
• Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues.
• Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support.
• Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources.
• Update customer data and produce activity reports.
• Walk customers through problem solving process.
• Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
• Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customer's expectations.
• Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure.
• Recommended procedure modifications or improvements.
• Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services.
• Additional duties may include, fielding software updates, system testing and enhancements, metrics gathering, report creation, and implementation of both operational and technical requirements into a production environment.
• The candidate will use their strong, well-rounded foundation of technical skills and experience encompassing a broad range of information technology (IT) fields including hardware, software, networks, and information security.
• Working in a team-oriented help desk/technical support environment and will be working in Sponsors IT systems and networks.
• Bachelor's Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or High School Diploma and 4 years of prior relevant experience
• Cleared at the Top Secret level with the ability to pass a CI polygraph
• Proven working experience in providing help desk support
• Experience in identifying technical problems, troubleshooting a variety of hardware and software issues, and engineering technical solutions.
• Windows System Administration experience
• Working knowledge of help desk software, databases and remote control
• Strong client-facing and communication skills
• Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
• Customer service orientation.
• Experience migrating systems to the cloud
• AWS/Cloud experience
• VMWare experience
• Experience with Oracle Databases
• Security+ Certification
• Microsoft Certification