No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
This position is for a Senior Continuous Integration DevOps Software Engineer on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
The program provides software support for a variety of ATF custom software applications and their development teams; these needs are growing and we are expanding our team. The individual selected for this position will work closely with the ATF to support the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Agile DevOps environment and toolset, including the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of this environment. This individual will also demonstrate the usage of CI/CD pipelines and applications to managers and developers as needed to introduce automated build techniques and integrate new teams into the environment.
This position is based onsite with the customer at the ATF Headquarters location in Washington DC, and requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; this position also offers the ability for some virtual support. Excellent communication skills are required to interact with the customer and program team.
- Utilize Docker, AWS EC2 and other technologies to implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Agile DevOps solutions
- Configure, integrate and maintain full development CI/CD pipelines for ATF projects
- Configure, upgrade, maintain and troubleshoot developer applications, including GitLab, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, VersionOne and Openshift
- Provide application and environment support to developers, including troubleshooting issues with GIT or other developer applications
- Provide VersionOne application support, including creating, removing or editing new projects, members, team rooms or other customizations to the application; investigate technical issues or user issues and escalate with VersionOne support team as needed
- Demonstrate the usage of CI/CD pipelines and applications to managers and developers as needed to introduce automated build techniques and integrate new teams into the environment.
- Provide planning and status tracking of tasks to management using VersionOne
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 8 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's degree with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Software development experience in an Agile DevOps environment
- Experience with software developer applications including GitLab, Jenkins, SonarQube and Nexus
- Experience using Agile methodologies and the VersionOne application for Agile, sprint and release planning/tracking
- Experience using Docker Containers
- Experience using RedHat Openshift, Kubernetes and Ansible to automate application deployments
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing services and EC2 Instances
- Linux/Unix scripting experience
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles for various programming languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent teamwork skills, including team leadership experience
- Software testing experience, including automated testing
- Project management experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ or DOD Clearance
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.