Job Requisition:R&D Lab Manager
The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) at Leidos has an immediate career opportunity for a Mid-Level R&D Lab Manager in Beavercreek, Ohio. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting various research programs driven by physics-based sensors. The lab is a multi-location system utilizing various network and uses real world mission computers and high end computer/servers, and Live-Virtual and Constructive simulation systems. The successful candidate will maintain the Software CM Repository comprised of Jenkins, Git, and Bitbucket toolsets to support continuous integration and deployment of software builds; coordinate with Chief Engineer/Task Manager on release planning and execution; prepares/inspects deployment documentation packages; support test plans/procedures as well help drive the successful execution of testing.
- Help maintain configuration control, lab computer networking (various network zones), and support/lead testing of research and development programs.
- Perform technical task planning, system integration, verification, and risk assessment for projects.
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Help troubleshoot, characterize and possibly correct software programming errors and correct existing program deficiencies
- Document solutions, participate in technical meetings, and coordinate activity with other team members
- Performs quality control checks, ensuring effectiveness and reliability of network systems, computers, tools, and equipment.
- This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief management and customers.
General skills you will need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must have prior experience leading a test events
- Prior experience with developing systems and software for DoD programs
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working directly with engineers and technical SMEs
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate activities/deadlines
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Required Software/Computer Engineering Qualifications:
- Integrate, troubleshoot and debug software and hardware
- Utilize configuration management tools such as Git & Jira
- Work with developers and assist them in troubleshooting software problems and issues
- Setup and utilize virtual machines on Windows and Linux
Required Systems Integration Laboratory Qualifications:
- Manage and track lab assets such as computers and network equipment
- Communicate/coordinate with corporate I.T. for remote access and security
- Manage remote access to systems
- Manage Configuration Management Servers and Backups
- Manage and track computer software installation
- Provide allocation of lab resources for projects
- Troubleshoot networking and computer related issues
- Write and distribute standard operating procedures for the lab
- Research and specify computer, network and specialized equipment
- Create, deploy and manage virtual machines for lab projects
Skills that will wow us even more if you have them:
- Communicate with customers and developers regarding project needs and resources
- Analyze and understand project objectives, requirements and customer wishes
- Work with test team to develop logical test progressions for pre test lab testing and field testing
- Develop and distribute procedures and checklists for testing (e.g. equipment lists, setup procedures, pre test checks, safety considerations, go/no-go criteria)
- Supervise, assist and checkout equipment installations and setup for test readiness
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.