Job Requisition:Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer
Job Description:The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group has an opening for a Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer on the JRSS Operations Engineering team at Scott AFB, IL.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
This Cybersecurity Engineer role will support the GSM-O program providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of JRSS. This team works in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreements (SLA) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
You will be responsible for:
- Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of IPS/IDS platforms, optical taps, and Linux-based packet capture devices.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of IPS/IDS policies, including recommendations on implementation, tuning, and/or reduction of signatures and rules in order to balance cybersecurity posture and network performance.
- Configuration, performance, availability, and security of the JRSS network architecture.
- Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
- Perform reach back to OEM Vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
- Configuration, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining network security devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, IPS/IDS systems, and optical taps, to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
- Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) prior to start date
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: firewalls (e.g. ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems (e.g. Sourcefire, FirePOWER, Lancope Stealthwatch), Crypto network appliances, and/or optical taps.
- Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: firewalls (e.g. ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems, Crypto network appliances, and/or optical taps.
- Experience administering, maintaining, and tuning Linux-based devices.
- Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, Local Area Network (LAN) maintenance
- Ability to perform on-call duties as required of the program
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.