Job Requisition:F5 Load Balancing Engineer (Subject Matter Expert)
The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a F5 Load Balancing Engineer (Subject Matter Expert) on the Operations Engineering team at Scott AFB, IL.
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer. The Defense Information Systems Agency - Central (DISA Global) is located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. The Network Engineer will provide support to the Operational Engineering Division as a member of the JRSS and IP Operation Engineering team.
This F5 Load Balancing Engineer role will support the GSM-O program providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the operations engineering team. This team works in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
- Research, design, build, test, deploy, analyze, administer, and maintain the enterprise F5 network environments (hardware, software, and configuration components)
- Maintain the F5 Big-IP Viprions with vCMP and LTM utilizing route domains and partitions
- Review and provide recommendations to improve the F5 solution
- Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
- Perform reach back to OEM Vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Troubleshoot, configure, upgrade, maintain and monitor the F5 Big-IP load balancer network architecture
- Develop Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for troubleshooting and quickly identifying issues
- Analyze network alarms and identify sources
- Troubleshoot F5 configuration issues
- Troubleshoot traffic through the F5s
- Troubleshoot application monitors
- Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Ability to perform after hours on-call duties as required of the program
- Experience with the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, IP routing, LAN and WAN protocols, BGP, campus and data center switching, and load balancing focusing on Cisco and F5 solutions
- Expertise with of the following devices/vendors: PaloAlto Firewalls, CISCO, Juniper, A10, LTM, and F5
- Experience with Application Partitions, Route Domains & vCMP on Viprion and appliance platforms
- F5 experience must include: LTM, vCMP, tmsh, partition & route domains
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.