Serve as a Backend Software Tester on our Federal Trade Commission program team in Gaithersburg, MD. The tester will write and execute detailed test plans and scripts, for innovative, high-performing cloud-based systems and applications, including mobile and desktop access, and multiple data tiers. Document system test results and create bugs in Jira as well as provide analysis of the bugs and results. Prepare comprehensive evaluation reports that verify and validate functional and non-functional system requirements. Track multiple test executions simultaneously and follow up on results. Create and use data residing in multiple databases including SQL Server, NoSQL, XML, and others. Additionally, the tester will update and maintain SQL scripts and test cases as applications and business rules change as well as identify areas of improvement.
The tester will ensure the program performance meets service level agreements, with proper change management and configuration management. The team engages in an Agile release environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines from project managers and client. Awareness with automating test scripts, including use of test automation frameworks such as Selenium, and collaborating with development engineers to devise automation strategies, test strategies and test cases.
The individual will assist the Project Manager in identification of risks, risk management and risk mitigation strategies to ensure a successfully tested application. Communicate with internal team members in a timely manner regarding test status and results. Willingness to learn new technologies, research solutions to new and complex challenges, share lessons learned, and collaborate with the team on projects.
- Two years writing and executing test planning and test cases, UAT, System Testing, regression testing, backend testing, and stress testing.
- Data testing, Business Intelligence, writing SQL queries and validating large quantity of data, and testing NoSQL and/or Couchbase systems.
- Experience with testing approaches and concepts, quality management, testing tools, software configuration management, version and change control procedures, issues management, and requirements analysis and documentation.
- Requires a Bachelors' degree in a related field and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree 8+ years of experience may be considered.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance