The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Chief Architect located at Joint Base Andrews.
The Chief Architect (CA) supports the Air Force Headquarters Air Force (HAF) and Air Force District Washington (AFDW) 844th Communications Group (844CG) to develop and maintain the as-is and to-be enterprise architectures for the IT enterprise supporting 18,000 users and mission-critical systems in the National Capital Region (NCR). The IT enterprise spans both unclassified and classified enclaves across three primary bases - the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA) and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) - and numerous remote sites. The IT enterprise includes all typical services - end user workstations, mobile devices, email, applications, servers, storage, virtualization, databases, network, and security - including both organic and externally-supplied services from higher-level AF or DOD service providers.
• The Chief Architect works with the Government enterprise architect to document the current enterprise architecture and align with the IT Service Catalog, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with supported organizations, and DOD/AF IT policies and standards.
• The enterprise architecture reflects many layers or views of the architecture such as physical, logical, virtual, service, and data.
• The CA develops the Architecture and Technology Roadmap identifying new technologies to meet emerging mission needs, address technology obsolescence, leverage the evolution of commercially-available technologies, and alignment with the 844CG strategy.
• The CA is the technical subject matter expert, contributing to and approving engineering designs for new projects and consulting on major outage after-action reports to identify root causes and corrective actions.
• In this capacity, the CA actively participates in the Government's Change Management and life-cycle governance process, providing technical input as required.
• Able to perform tasks within strict timelines with little or no oversight.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers.
• Master's degree with 15 years of experience, additional years of experience, certification or training accepted in lieu of a degree.
• 10 years of experience designing and architecting technical solutions with the DoD.
• Familiarity with DoD standards, policies, and enterprise solutions.
• Previous Enterprise Architecture or IT Roadmap development.
• Familiarity with DoD Enterprise Architecture Framework.
• Advanced familiarity with complex, multi-site DoD enterprise IT environments of the size, scale, and scope of the AFNCR enterprise.
• Advanced level understanding of Virtualization, Storage, End User Compute and other relevant technologies.
• Current capability to develop working relationships with Technology vendors and partners Insight into overall industry direction for modernization; including but not limited to; Cloud, Object Based storage, Software Defined Networking, and Infrastructure as a service.
• Hold current Secret Clearance.
• Must hold current or obtain within 90 days of start date DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher.
• Master's Degree in a technology related field.
• Familiarity with DoD and Air Force standards, policies, and enterprise solutions.
• Advanced level industry certification in two or more Technological focus areas; Examples include: CCNP, CCIE, VCP, MCSE, AWS Solutions Architect or Developer certification, CISSP, SANS etc.