The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) at Leidos has an immediate career opportunity for a Mid-Level R&D Lab Manager in Beavercreek, Ohio. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting various research programs driven by physics-based sensors. The lab is a multi-location system utilizing various network and uses real world mission computers and high end computer/servers, and Live-Virtual and Constructive simulation systems. The successful candidate will maintain the Software CM Repository comprised of Jenkins, Git, and Bitbucket toolsets to support continuous integration and deployment of software builds; coordinate with Chief Engineer/Task Manager on release planning and execution; prepares/inspects deployment documentation packages; support test plans/procedures as well help drive the successful execution of testing.
- Help maintain configuration control, lab computer networking (various network zones), and support/lead testing of research and development programs.
- Perform technical task planning, system integration, verification, and risk assessment for projects.
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Help troubleshoot, characterize and possibly correct software programming errors and correct existing program deficiencies
- Document solutions, participate in technical meetings, and coordinate activity with other team members
- Performs quality control checks, ensuring effectiveness and reliability of network systems, computers, tools, and equipment.
- This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief management and customers.
General skills you will need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must have prior experience leading a test events
- Prior experience with developing systems and software for DoD programs
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working directly with engineers and technical SMEs
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate activities/deadlines
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Required Software/Computer Engineering Qualifications:
- Integrate, troubleshoot and debug software and hardware
- Utilize configuration management tools such as Git & Jira
- Work with developers and assist them in troubleshooting software problems and issues
- Setup and utilize virtual machines on Windows and Linux
Required Systems Integration Laboratory Qualifications:
- Manage and track lab assets such as computers and network equipment
- Communicate/coordinate with corporate I.T. for remote access and security
- Manage remote access to systems
- Manage Configuration Management Servers and Backups
- Manage and track computer software installation
- Provide allocation of lab resources for projects
- Troubleshoot networking and computer related issues
- Write and distribute standard operating procedures for the lab
- Research and specify computer, network and specialized equipment
- Create, deploy and manage virtual machines for lab projects
Skills that will wow us even more if you have them:
- Communicate with customers and developers regarding project needs and resources
- Analyze and understand project objectives, requirements and customer wishes
- Work with test team to develop logical test progressions for pre test lab testing and field testing
- Develop and distribute procedures and checklists for testing (e.g. equipment lists, setup procedures, pre test checks, safety considerations, go/no-go criteria)
- Supervise, assist and checkout equipment installations and setup for test readiness
External Referral Eligible