The role is delivers and supports large scale-network, systems, applications, services, and business activity monitoring and alerting solutions. This position involves the deployment and support of tools used to monitor network, systems, and applications. Individuals will work with team members to gather monitoring requirements from stakeholders and deliver solutions leveraging enterprise monitoring toolsets.
- Work with team to build, redesign, and implement progressive monitoring strategies that meets the evolving requirements.
- Create and drive strategy and standardization of monitoring across the enterprise.
- Collect metrics at the optimal frequency to develop alerting, reporting, and analysis.
- Work with team to put monitoring solutions of critical systems and network infrastructure into place to ensure high availability and reduce impact of issues.
- Create and maintain dashboards pulling together monitoring across multiple teams within the same tool as well as across multiple tools.
- Management of false positives and negatives.
- Stay abreast of the latest monitoring technology and trends.
- Candidate provides support in a Linux or Windows Environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 17 to 22 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience with configuration, release, and change management.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Nagios, New Relic, and/or SolarWinds
- Supporting and working with Linux
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software - including Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position