Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company delivering a host of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos Defense Group is seeking an Network Engineer to perform engineering tasks in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities at DISA Global Operations Command (DGOC) Scott AFB, IL. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the Department of Defense (DoD) security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. You will be working with a team of engineers focused on delivering new IT systems to the customer. Experience working at command line, GUI and understanding of configuring network devices is essential for the position. Recent networking experience configuring devices, troubleshooting, port testing, and performing code upgrades and STIGs is required for this position. Experience with Computer Network Defense (CND) device configuration a plus.
Key skills required for this position:
- Deep understanding of network protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS preferred) and hands on networking experience
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Strong independent thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and adaptable
- Information Technology installation experience
- Tier 2 troubleshooting experience
- Implementation, Test and Acceptance (IT&A) background
In this role, you will:
- Plan, support and evaluate complex new and existing device level and network systems and make recommendations for courses of action required to maintain and/or expand the overall capabilities.
- Possess both technical and functional expertise working within the enterprise network environment
- Perform network equipment OS and version upgrades.
- Possess experience working at the command line, Graphic User Interface (GUI), and an enterprise level understanding of configuring network devices, port testing, performing code upgrades and STIGS.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Work with other groups and teams across JRSS to resolve device and network related issues as needed.
- Responsible for conducting research and troubleshooting complex device (switches/routers/loggers and SIEM tools) and network issues.
- Monitor and maintain network interfaces to ensure its highest level of performance by making modifications and enhancements as needed.
- Document procedures and keeping network diagrams and related material up to date.
- Handle escalated user problems, questions, and requests pertaining to devices and network issues.
- Interface with other Network Engineers, Operations, Change Management and Operational Engineers.
- Perform work consistent with directives, policies, standards and regulations.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
Required Experience & Education:
• BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
• Current DoD 8570 certification Active Secret Security Clearance
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates should also have the following experience (a minimum of two to three technologies is required):
• Remedy Ticketing - review and open tickets
• Documentation generation (test and acceptance)
• Knowledge of Active Directory Knowledge of server virtualization
• Working Knowledge of VMware 5.5 or later
• Experience with the implementing of storage solutions (SAN, vSAN)
• Server engineering with Microsoft and Linux environments (RHEL, CentOS)
• Cisco devices to include: routers (IOS, IOS XE & ASR) and/or firewalls
• Palo Alto firewalls
• Juniper devices to include: routers (MX), firewalls (SRX) and/or switches
• F5 Load Balancer
• HP devices to include: Switches, HP loggers , HP TippingPoint and/or HP DL380
• FidelisRaritan KVM
• STIGs experience
Travel and Telework:
• This position requires travel up to 35% of the year.
• Telework may be available