Help Desk Analyst
Candidate must have excellent customer service, data analysis, technical analysis, and problem solving skills. Candidate should be capable of multi-tasking, very detail-oriented, and accustomed to working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Is knowledgeable of system functionality and capabilities, so as to be able to efficiently and effectively answer user questions.
• Work with users to resolve problems and answer phone calls within times specified in the call center operational guide.
• Responds to emails by checking group email box within designated response times set forth in the call center operational guide.
• Provides research for reported system deficiencies and bugs.
• Performs data analysis and review to respond to requests from management and user community.
• Coordinates with support staff and user community to ensure that system deficiencies and bugs are fully and correctly resolved.
• Provides technical support via phone and email on AIT hardware utilized by the application, including, but not limited to: inventory printers, handheld and tethered barcode scanners, barcode printers and supplies, RFID scanners, printers, and supplies.
• Assists in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development processes.
• Identifies system changes that will yield improved efficiencies of business processes
Should have a B.S. and 0-2+ years of technology experience, 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree. Must have or must able to obtain Secret Security Clearance.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Visio, Word, and Excel.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
The candidate is expected to interface with the system sponsor(s), its user(s), and other stakeholders for the purpose of identifying and documenting high-level functional business process requirements in support of DoD Base Logistics. The candidate is part of the software development group that is responsible for providing logistics systems to the military services and defense agencies of the Department of Defense (DoD).
Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus but is not required:
• DoD Logistics
• Warehousing systems
• Asset Management and Accountability systems
• Fleet Management