Job Requisition:Sr. Cyber Security Engineer-TS REQUIRED
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sr. Cyber Security Engineer to support a program. An ACTIVE TS level security clearance and willingness to obtain a TS/SCI is REQUIRED for consideration.
The Sr. Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for new architecture design and development along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks
- Address system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embedded security within the given WAN / LAN architecture
- Support multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture
- Responsible for production of cyber security architectural artifacts
- Familiar with architectural documentation standards
- Able to apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework
- Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends
- Embed advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis into cyber security design
- Provide engineering recommendation based on cyber security needs analysis
- Review and provide input to system requirements based on cyber security posture
- Compile industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
- Support the Engineering Review Board by evaluating artifacts for architectural compliance
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development
- Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test
- Participation in proposals through ownership of cyber security architecture design and definition
- Mentor next generation of Cyber Intel Architects
- May interface with external entities including law enforcement organizations, intelligence community organizations and other government agencies such as the Department of Defense
- Active TS and willingness and ability to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated security engineering experience with enterprise grade network and security infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience with secure messaging architecture
- Deep understanding of network security architecture
- Familiar with industry best practices, and leading-edge security landscape
- Understanding of general IT infrastructure and system interactions (servers, LAN, SAN, virtualization, etc.)
- Exposure to techniques for defending networks against TTPs of both broad-based security attacks and Advanced Persistent Threat actors.
- Knowledge of enterprise scale CND and agile enterprise incident response
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
- Comfortable experimenting with and evaluating new technologies
- Experience with custom developed enterprise security infrastructure, including COTS and FOSS integration.
- Practical knowledge of network protocols
- Familiar with common security tools such as IDS, IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, E-mail gateways, Proxies, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining a roadmap, including improvements to existing capabilities and new opportunities
- Experience with structured SE process such as SDLC, including requirements analysis and development of required work products
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.