Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sr. Cyber Security Engineer to support a program. An ACTIVE TS level security clearance and willingness to obtain a TS/SCI is REQUIRED for consideration.
The Sr. Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for new architecture design and development along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks
- Address system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embedded security within the given WAN / LAN architecture
- Support multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture
- Responsible for production of cyber security architectural artifacts
- Familiar with architectural documentation standards
- Able to apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework
- Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends
- Embed advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis into cyber security design
- Provide engineering recommendation based on cyber security needs analysis
- Review and provide input to system requirements based on cyber security posture
- Compile industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
- Support the Engineering Review Board by evaluating artifacts for architectural compliance
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development
- Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test
- Participation in proposals through ownership of cyber security architecture design and definition
- Mentor next generation of Cyber Intel Architects
- May interface with external entities including law enforcement organizations, intelligence community organizations and other government agencies such as the Department of Defense
- Active TS and willingness and ability to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Demonstrated security engineering experience with enterprise grade network and security infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience with secure messaging architecture
- Deep understanding of network security architecture
- Familiar with industry best practices, and leading-edge security landscape
- Understanding of general IT infrastructure and system interactions (servers, LAN, SAN, virtualization, etc.)
- Exposure to techniques for defending networks against TTPs of both broad-based security attacks and Advanced Persistent Threat actors.
- Knowledge of enterprise scale CND and agile enterprise incident response
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ( list additional "pluses or nice to have" skills/experience )
- Comfortable experimenting with and evaluating new technologies
- Experience with custom developed enterprise security infrastructure, including COTS and FOSS integration.
- Practical knowledge of network protocols
- Familiar with common security tools such as IDS, IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, E-mail gateways, Proxies, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining a roadmap, including improvements to existing capabilities and new opportunities
- Experience with structured SE process such as SDLC, including requirements analysis and development of required work products
"External Referral Eligible"