Job Requisition:Software Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program. The purpose of TBFM is to maximize use of available National Airspace System (NAS) resources, while minimizing delays and disruptions to aircraft operators and their customers, as well as reducing fuel burn and engine emissions thereby decreasing user operational costs.
The Software Development Engineer will work within the Air Traffic Management software engineering organization and will be supporting the FAA TBFM program.
Responsibilities as a member of a team:
• Develop enhancements for TBFM software (consisting primarily of C, C++, and Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform within a waterfall development process.
• Provide problem analysis of and develop fixes for any assigned software issues
• Provide support as needed for the system engineering and test teams
• Translate requirements into detailed software designs.
• Develop significant expertise in assigned areas and become a go-to resource in those areas for others on the program..
• Typically requires a Bachelor of Science degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 1+ years of prior relevant experience.
• In object-oriented design and development with the C++ and/or Java programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Git or similar version control tool.
• Software development in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience with following a documented software process
• A strong working knowledge of the software engineering life cycle
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
• Self-Starter and ability to multitask
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team
• Working experience in FAA ATC programs
• Knowledge of C, Ada, Perl, scripting languages
• Demonstrated leadership experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.