Leidos is currently looking for a full time Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) to provide Security Engineering support for AWS projects in Herndon, VA. Responsibilities include documentation, security compliance for projects, auditing, and encryption implementation and compliance for various levels of data. Produce high quality documentation to support the A&A submissions and mitigate POAMs. Experience in AWS, Unix, Security Engineering, Encryption, and networking desired. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to support several projects at one time in various stages of the A&A process
- Experience working with Project Managers to track and resolve POAMs
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal facilitating constant communication on A&A status to Project Managers
- Ability to communicate effectively with ISSO's and ISSMs
- Ability to present briefings to execute level management, Project Managers and peers on new and/or changing security practices and infrastructures of project security and the A&A process i.e. brown bags, lunch and learns
- Experience completing or managing to completion projects/tasks/deliverables with minimal supervisory oversight
• Understanding of IT and AWS operations techniques
• Ability to clearly articulate ideas for PMs as well as technical staff consumption
• Strong Problem solving skills to be able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with PMs.
• Strong Analytical skills to be able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during PM interactions
• Strong communications skills to be able to work well with others, independently and as part of a team
• Strong presentation skills to be able to brief varied stakeholders; developers, PMs and executive level management on technical subject matter
- Minimum 5 years' experience leading efforts to achieve ATO through the A&A process
- Prior experience working with industry tools
- Experience working within the Working Capital Fund business model