We seek to build a team of Desktop/Voice-Video technicians who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
The Desktop Support/Voice-Video technicians provides PC, telephone, and voice and video conference support which may include duties such as:
• Unpacking and setting up PCs
• Installing PC operating systems via scripted install packages
• Installing application software on PCs via scripted install packages
• Providing basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur
• Providing limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions.
• Performs all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution including
• Performing inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
• Performs service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS - GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
• Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
• Support network and locally attached printers
• Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
• Security +
• Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.