Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program. The purpose of TBFM is to maximize use of available National Airspace System (NAS) resources, while minimizing delays and disruptions to aircraft operators and their customers, as well as reducing fuel burn and engine emissions thereby decreasing user operational costs.
The Software Development Engineer will work within the Air Traffic Management software engineering organization and will be supporting the FAA TBFM program.
Responsibilities as a member of a team:
• Develop enhancements for TBFM software (consisting primarily of C, C++, and Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform within a waterfall development process.
• Provide problem analysis of and develop fixes for any assigned software issues
• Provide support as needed for the system engineering and test teams
• Translate requirements into detailed software designs.
• Develop significant expertise in assigned areas and become a go-to resource in those areas for others on the program..
• Typically requires a Bachelor of Science degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 1+ years of prior relevant experience.
• In object-oriented design and development with the C++ and/or Java programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Git or similar version control tool.
• Software development in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience with following a documented software process
• A strong working knowledge of the software engineering life cycle
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
• Self-Starter and ability to multitask
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team
• Working experience in FAA ATC programs
• Knowledge of C, Ada, Perl, scripting languages
• Demonstrated leadership experience