Leidos is seeking a HIPAA Analyst I to join our Washington, D.C. team. The ideal candidate will follow established guidelines in the resolution of complaints alleging violations of the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Main Duties include:
- Assists in resolving complaints alleging violations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) including access, health information privacy, and security complaints
- Analyzes information provided and allegations raised by complainants concerning U.S. HIPAA statutes
- Resolves complaints recommended for administrative, non-investigative closure using prewritten templates and established case resolution guidelines.
- Conducts administrative work associated with the disposition of health information privacy and security complaints including printing and mailing closure letters.
- Bachelor's degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent document review and analytical capabilities;
- Experience managing a busy caseload;
- Ability to absorb substantial subject matter, think independently, and apply law to fact;
- Ability to offer measured responses to the general public;
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiarity with a variety of computer applications including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and scanning;
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Knowledge and experience with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1966 (HIPAA)
- Experience working in a law firm and/or government environment;
- Strong interest in civil rights and/or health information privacy and security;
- Customer service background