The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opportunity for an RHN GAIT SATCOM Engineer. This position will support the CECOM ILSC Field Modernization Division contract supporting the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT). Perform engineering activities as they pertain to space based equipment. These include, but are not limited to: development of SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans; development of SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views); development of test plans and procedures; provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams; develop technology development plans; provide support in assessment of technology maturity; develop technology transition plans.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Perform an evaluation of unit equipment fielding needs and set-up SATCOM systems to match the fielding requirements and deployment location.
- Initialize systems and perform an analysis of/document system malfunctions and/or integration issues to perform preventative maintenance and ensure full operational compliance of systems.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into RHN GAIT systems.
- Support development, upgrade, and rebuild of unit hardware to meet unit requirements.
- Will adapt training courses to SATCOM GAIT systems operational / user / maintenance manuals to enable user certification of commercial certifications and military system certifications.
- Perform updates to training curriculum to accommodate system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system use.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience. 4 additional years of directly related experience will offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Extensive experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP networks which cover a regional to global geography utilizing commercial and military SATCOM teleport and gateway nodes and infrastructure.
- Must understand fundamental SATCOM principles and techniques.
- Must have understanding of Internet Protocol networking principles and concepts.
- Must have understanding of various IP transmission data (TCP, UDP, etc...)
- Must have working knowledge of military satellite systems.
- Must have working knowledge of commercial SATCOM systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Frequency Division Multiple Access, Multi-Frequency Time Division Multiple Access and Internet Protocol Modems (specifically I-Direct and Linkway is desirable).
- Must describe experiences performing above duties during interview.
- Applicant must have strong ability to multi-task.
- Applicant must have strong communication skills.
- Applicant must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Voice over IP and Cisco Call Manager equipment experience is highly preferred
- Cisco and Juniper router experience is highly desirable.
- Riverbed or other network optimization/management equipment experience is highly desirable.