Job Requisition:Emergency Management Course Lead Instructor
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The Emergency Management Course Lead Instructor assists the Leidos Course Management Team with planning, coordinating, implementing, managing, and delivering training programs in accordance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS) requirements. The Course Lead Instructor will deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture, facilitation, and hands-on exercises in resident and non-resident training locations. Instruction focuses on catastrophic events that result in mass casualty incidents and preparedness and response planning.
The Course Lead Instructor is expected to maintain a knowledge base as a subject matter expert in the assigned course content. The Course Lead Instructor is also expected to actively seek and participate in cross-training opportunities as well as present current incidents in evening lecture(s) to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders. The Lead Instructors are expected to travel in support of position requirements and perform other training duties as assigned.
The Course Lead Instructor may be required to deploy in support the CDP Expeditionary Training mission. When deployed, the Course Lead Instructors will serve as the on-site Leidos Manager for training delivery and coordinate contractual delivery requirements with the on-site Senior FEMA representative, as required.
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise for course development and delivery
• Perform Lead Instructor duties and ensure accomplishment of all training objective for assigned courses.
• Meet and maintain basic CDP instructor certification requirements
• Assist with scheduling of instructors for all programs offered at or by the CDP.
• Disseminate information to instructors regarding curriculum changes, upgrades, and venue enhancements that are designed to raise knowledge and skill levels.
• Coordinate training schedules with Course Management and scheduling personnel.
• Evaluate and coordinate in-service training and assist designated instructors.
• Maintain and manage files and documents related to requirements of the PWS.
• Assists with the review of curriculum to ensure consistency with National Standards and acceptable guidelines.
• Monitor daily attendance of instructors and students attending training classes.
• Ensure that instructors identified with specific deficiencies receive additional training addressing identified deficiencies.
• Assure that necessary documentation / training of new instructors is attained prior to assignment.
• Receive training to increase knowledge and skills as a training coordinator and subject matter expert (SME) instructor.
• Assist with new instructor recruitment programs and orientation programs. Develop, maintain, and enforce safety requirements
• Monitor, evaluate, and recommend corrections for dangerous conditions that are observed or occur in the classroom and training sites.
• Deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture and hands-on exercises
• Serve as Leidos on-site training delivery manager during expeditionary training deliveries.
• Evaluate and manager the course qualifications for instructional cadre
• Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of applicable experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Must possess instructor teaching certification, post-secondary teaching experience, or teaching degree and 10+ years of experience
• Must have 3 years of current teaching experience
• Must have all-hazards experience with man-made, natural disasters, weapons of mass destruction (WMD), or civil disturbance events
• Must have completed ICS 100/200/700/800
• Must have working knowledge of federal response, NIMS, and ICS
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship required.
• All applicants must have the accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Master’s degree in related response field
• Professional certification or license in a response field
• Previous experience managing adult-level training delivery program
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:29
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.