Job Requisition:ServiceNow Senior Software Developer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
The ESA IV program provides Information Technology (IT) applications and infrastructure services to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and other Department of Justice (DOJ) components. The program provides a wide range of IT services, including IT Service Management (ITSM) support, service desk, software application support, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing. The program utilizes ServiceNow to provide ITSM services and is seeking a talented and experienced Software Developer to join the team. This individual will support development of tailored capabilities to meet customer needs and meet ongoing program requirements for the operations, maintenance and enhancement of the ITSM platform. Leidos is seeking an individual with ServiceNow Development, Administration, Integration, Maintenance and Operations skills, including experience developing, integrating and administering a ServiceNow ITSM solution in a cloud-based environment.
- Serve as administrator and developer for the ESA IV ServiceNow ITSM tool
- Collaborate with members of project teams to ensure successful, technically sound projects which are completed on time and on budget
- Design, develop, configure and customize applications to meet business requirements, including implementation of client scripts, business rules and workflows
- Track, prioritize, and implement enhancement requests and defect corrections, while leveraging formal Change Management processes.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to design and implement data feeds/interfaces with other systems, including databases, monitoring tools, LDAP, etc.
- Coordinate and perform application upgrades in partnership with vendors and internal colleagues
- Support the development and analysis of customer requirements, and assist with the development of user stories to document these requirements
- Perform application testing
- Create and maintain system design and operations documentation
- Develop, maintain, and execute reports to ensure system operation meets performance targets
- Develop and maintain procedural documents relating to the management of the platform
- Provide advanced application support to internal team members
- Provide mentoring, training and knowledge transfer to other employees as necessary, particularly regarding ServiceNow capabilities and development techniques
- Provide “on call” support on a periodic basis as required
- Lead team activities as needed, including those which are part of the Agile process such as scrum meetings.
- Assist in IT process implementation and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 14 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3 or more years of development and administration experience using the ServiceNow platform, including experience with recent releases (Kingston, London, Madrid)
- Experience with IT Service Delivery to a Federal Government Agency
- Knowledge of ServiceNow database hierarchies and design
- Experience with development, customization and administration of multiple components of ServiceNow, including Incident Management, Self Service Portal, Knowledge Management, Service Catalog, Change Management, Problem Management and CMDB
- Ability to create and configure forms and screen updates in ServiceNow
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience with use of Agile methodologies for software development
- Agile certifications and/or experience leading Agile efforts, particularly as Scrum Master
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification
- Experience with ServiceNow advanced capabilities such as Virtual Agent, Agent Intelligence, Performance Analytics, Orchestration, ITOM, Discovery or Service Mapping
- Experience supporting customers in a dynamic IT operations environment
- Cloud development experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- Current DOJ Public Trust Clearance
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.