Job Requisition:Audio Visual/Video Teleconference Technician
Leidos has a career opportunity for an Audiovisual / Video Teleconferencing (AV / VTC) Systems Technician in Honolulu, HI. The AV / VTC Systems Technician will provide engineering and technical support for secure audiovisual and video teleconferencing systems located at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam and remotely for all other Pacific Air Force (PACAF) bases. The specialist will oversee all PACAF AV and VTC equipment and installations as well as ensure the proper utilization and execution of VTC equipment and rooms for PACAF users up through the PACAF Commander, a four star general. They will be responsible for the oversight and execution of several AV and VTC upgrade projects that were recently initiated by the customer and will be the subject matter expert for installation and configuration. Candidate will be responsible for the coordination and smooth operation of personnel, to include communication and scheduling with the lead personnel at other Commands (ACC, AMC, AFSPC, etc.).
Provide engineering and technical support for secure audiovisual and video teleconferencing systems located at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam and remotely for all other Pacific Air Force (PACAF) bases, and provide support to other Enterprise Service Centers supporting AF JWICS across the Air Force. These AV and VTC systems support TS/SCI and other classified networks and the dissemination of tele-video information from Air Force warfighters to local/National Intelligence Agencies. The AV/VTC systems must be operational 24x7 for exercise and real-world contingency operations, and support PACAF senior leaders. As a subject matter expert this individual will be required to provide expertise for video presentation devices, video mixing hardware/software, audio mixing hardware/software, controllers, cabling, electronic equipment rack installation, monitors, training, servicing, and other tasks required to maintain the highest operational capability of the systems assigned to support the operational units within the Pacific AOR.
The selected candidate will provide technical AV/VTC support to conference rooms and Ops Centers; to include system troubleshooting, maintenance, training, and program modification.
- Maintains AV/VTC equipment operability through periodic maintenance. Site visits to the PACAF AOR may be warranted to ensure optimal system performance.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot AV/VTC equipment failures and make adjustments as needed to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Test and debug systems for quality assurance and acceptance by the customer and respond to e-mail/phone call requests for all AV/VTC needs.
- Conduct AV/VTC training on the proper usage of the systems to assigned personnel, as required.
- Coordinate and provide recommendations on new procedures designed to create efficiency and ease of use of the AV/VTC operations in response to emerging trends and national security within authorities, legislative mandates and regulatory constraints.
6-8 years’ experience in C4I related activities and solid familiarity with AV and VTC systems and equipment
- TS/SCI Clearance required on day one
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented and possess demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting and project management skills
- Associates Degree
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Experience with Extron systems and equipment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.