The NISC III Group at Leidos currently has opening(s) for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Air Traffic Control Specialists to work in our Ft. Worth, Texas office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC III mission.
In this mission we provide daily support of the NISC III contract, specifically, to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) and FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional offices.
Primary Responsibilities for the role include:
- Review requests for charting, airspace development and management.
- Procedures development and review, special events impacting the National Airspace System (NAS), traffic management support.
- Special Use Airspace (SUA) management, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations management, Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR), procedural waiver reviews, and document change proposals (DCP).
- Ensure timelines and handbook requirements are met to support NAS Safety.
Typical education and experience:
Typically requires a BA degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience in Air Traffic Control can be substituted.
Basic qualifications (Must have):
- Substantial knowledge of aviation operations and/or airspace management derived from experience as a certified Air Traffic Controller (for the FAA) or Pilot.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs. 10 years of applicable experience required.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.