Are you looking to take your Security Technician experience to the next level? We'll sponsor your clearance!
Leidos is seeking a Physical Security Technician in our Reston, VA headquarters. This position will work in a fast paced environment as part of the Workplace Security Team. This position will work under the guidance and supervision of senior staff located in San Diego, CA. Primary duties will include administration, troubleshooting and repair of multiple enterprise level automated access management and intrusion detection/monitoring systems. These systems span across the continental US and are dedicated to protecting corporate assets as well as classified materials and enable Leidos to meet and exceed federal government regulations in support of classified contracts.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with a team mentality. Customer service, attention to detail and technical troubleshooting skills are all critical to this position. Normal duty hours will take place during normal daytime business hours, but infrequent after hours and weekend support may be required.
• Responsible for the installation, configuration, test, training and maintenance of physical security electronic, mechanical and CCTV equipment.
• The equipment includes, door contacts, motion detectors, duress switches, glass break sensors, card readers, command keypads, turnstiles, request for exit devices, equipment enclosures, junction boxes, power supplies, media converters, cameras, camera lenses, camera mounts, conduct installation, copper and fiber optic wiring for all.
• Work may be performed in confined spaces, hazardous areas, commercial leased facilities and/or Government owned facilities.
• Work may be performed at heights on masts, towers, roofs and lift equipment. Long term standing or sitting may be experienced.
• Installs, configures, tests, and provides training and maintenance on project components.
• Installs components and wiring on Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Access Control Systems (ACS), and Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTV).
• Configures security systems and related equipment.
• Ensures work is in accordance with applicable codes and standard practices.
• Provides system turnover to customers including training.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses and recommends potential solutions for system errors and failures.
• Provides timely, on budget installation planning of crew(s) or team(s) tasking for projects.
• Conducts quality assurance (QA) on all IDS, ACS and CCTV equipment installations.
• Conducts work order, manual interpretation, blue print interpretation, standards compliance and schematic diagram interpretation supervision for crew(s) and team(s).
• Supervises contractor performance as it relates troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem resolution services.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and 2 years' experience required. Degree may be waived for equivalent years of experience.
• Must be a US Citizen and eligible to obtain a federal security clearance.
• Ability to manage complex tasks with little supervision
• Well-developed technical and problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Familiarity with government and industry security requirements, to include JAFAN 6/9, ICD 705, NISPOM, and UL 2050.
• Familiarity with Software House CCURE, LENEL, and/or DMP security management software
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and climb a step ladder.
• Personal transportation for travel to nearby locations within the DC metro area
• Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Experience with MS Active Directory
• Experience with firewall administration
• Security industry, information security or network certification - Physical Security Professional (PSP), Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Security+, Network+, Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), etc.
• Network administration experience and exposure to network security principles.