No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber-security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The Work Order Specialist serves as a primary point of contact for the Government customer and Leidos staff for the Work Order Program. Responsibilities include assigning, tracking, preparing memos, coordinating deadlines, and ensuring all cost estimates and work plans meet customer expectations (reviewing to ensure cost estimates are accurate based on the work plan). Additionally, responsible for ensuring actual cost/work performed documents include all applicable personnel and programmatic costs as well as accurately reflect the work performed in support of the work order. This position requires advanced knowledge of Outlook in order to maintain a calendar of events/tasks to ensure an organized flow of business matters under the Business Operations Office in order to meet deadlines. The individual in this position will review routine forms and documents for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and thoroughness prior to submission to the customer. The Work Order Specialist will be responsible for the creation and submission of formal or informal reports, correspondence, and presentations in an effective, efficient, and timely manner to the Business Operations Manager. This position requires preparation of materials such as agendas for meetings and taking official notes for record purposes.
• Responsibilities include tracking all deliverables/submissions identified within the Training Delivery Performance Work Statement and Schedule of Deliverables. Working with other employees/managers, ensuring completion, accuracy, and timely submission to the Government or POC.
• Responsible for successful performance of the Work Order Program, coordinating/collaborating with all parties to ensure programmatic success.
• The Work Order Specialist will support the Business Operations Manager as work demands require or in absence.
• The Work Order Specialist will perform other duties as assigned that are for business necessity reasons in support of training delivery.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• This position may require travel and after hours work as approved and in support of position requirements.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent and 2+ years related experience required. College credits preferred.
• Working knowledge and experience in computer software applications to include Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and editing formal documents.
• Working knowledge of the Center for Domestic Preparedness, the Training Delivery contract, and knowledge of the work order process is strongly preferred.
• Must possess and exhibit good written, verbal communication, and problem solving skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
• The successful candidate will be highly organized, capable of independent assignments, beyond reproach in integrity and confidentiality, be able to multitask, and be able to successfully function in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• College credits preferred. Working knowledge of the Center for Domestic Preparedness, the Training Delivery contract is strongly preferred