The Civil Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Java Developer in Baltimore, MD to support the FDA SIRCE contract.
The SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments - Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports. Within the SIRCE investment, the Domestics Team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining multiple Domestic applications in FDA operations.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Domestics Software Engineer position include but not limited to the following: Collaborate with business analysts, other developers, and test engineers on the team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes - can independently develop, code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity - Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments - Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software - Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging. - Work with business users to develop and implement acceptance tests to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations. - Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards - Actively engage in process improvement initiatives.
BS and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Considered an emerging authority.
- Experience in full software lifecycle development with Java/J2EE, Java Script, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, JPA, Tapestry, Hibernate, HTML5, Angular 5+ and Angular Material, Bootstrap, Node, Spring Framework (including Spring Boot), Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, Maven, Log4j, Junit, and SonarQube.
- Understanding of Section 508 ADA Compliance
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and rule engine processing
- Experience with developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability, conforming to coding standards and continuous integration
- Must be able to offer creative solutions to complex software/system challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
- Experience with Subversion, JIRA, HP ALM
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
Requires US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Desired: ADF, Drools, JPA/ORM
Experience with transitioning business logic from PL/SQL to Java, developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability, conforming to coding standards and continuous integration