No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a program and policy advisor on a major weapon acquisition program. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise on technical program management to the Federal program manager and staff as well as establishing technical liaison with scientists and engineers at the national security laboratories, nuclear weapon production facilities, and Department of Defense who are engaged in sustaining the nation's nuclear weapon stockpile. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated project management and engineering management expertise developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies.
This person is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to planning, integrating, and meeting policies, programs, and procedures. This person will also assist with program guidance to resolve issues that may impact several acquisition programs.
• Establishing relationships with technical representatives from the Department of Defense facilities and contractors and NNSA national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities and contractors; attending meetings to monitor design and production progress and issues; and reporting these to the Federal program manager.
• Communicating complex program and budget execution concepts to the Federal program manager, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others with diverse technical understanding.
• Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
• Traveling frequently to various locations across the country for meetings.
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering.
• Minimum 15 years of related program management and technical experience in military, government, or corporate construction, research, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
• Experience with project management/scheduling tools and techniques.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
• Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management, senior leadership, and members of Congress and their staff.
• Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
• Nuclear weapon and delivery platform program experience.
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or inter-agency experience.
• Master's or Doctorate degree in a related technical field from an accredited university.