No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Join the Leidos NISC III program as an Eastern Service Center Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Support Specialist. The NISC III contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
The selected candidate will be a subject matter expert and provide assistance to the Eastern Service Center (ESC) Operations Support Group for the implementation of Performance Based Navigation (PBN) projects through a variety of support activities including, but not limited to, program and project management, scheduling, documentation, project analysis, and dissemination of information. The candidate must provide tracking and reporting of project milestones using scheduling tools for the PBN projects, including but not limited to project information in the Project Tracking Tool (PTT).
The selected candidate will prepare and provide daily status tracking of projects and provide Project Status Report and a Post Implementation Analysis Report (PIAR). This could include data from the Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP), Air Traffic Safety Action Program (ATSAP), Mandatory Occurrence Report (MOR), Electronic Occurrence Report (EOR), Pilot Deviation (PD) reports, and Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing (ASIAS). The candidate will review analysis studies on operational use of PBN routes and procedures.
The candidate will schedule all PBN meetings. Document and take minutes for PBN meetings (internal and external). Review and reconcile PTT, Project Tracking System (PTS), PBN Weekly, and documentation from various sources. Review and update local and national PBN KSN. Process Initial Request Forms (IRF) and track progress through approval, coordinate approved IRFs with appropriate stakeholders.
The candidate will retrieve Baseline Analysis Reports/Reviews (BARs) and set up meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to review. Develop project scope documents and coordinate scope changes and provide analysis of PBN trends. Provide data for PBN Metric reporting. Maintain PBN KSN site for ESC and coordinate between Line of Business and other groups to ensure standardization of PBN reporting.
Typically requires a BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- National Airspace System and FAA Directives: extensive knowledge of the NAS and FAA Directives.
- Planning: conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis and must be able to develop reports, establish schedules, and conduct studies.
- Communications: must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writings, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Computer Applications: capable of applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management applications and know how to use the internet as a data gathering and communication tool.
- Provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.