The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Application Architect in Bethesda, MD.
- Maintain and ensure the ongoing stability and continuous operations of custom-build enterprise CD/CI system based on open-source products.
- Propose and implement design patterns, technologies, and frameworks to modernize existing systems and address new business and security requirements.
- Enforce best practices for application development, communicate these to development organization, and monitor and enforce compliance.
- Research and prototype new products, tools, and frameworks for UX/UI, enabling smooth migration of the existing systems to the new platforms and technologies.
- Maintain architecture processes and documentation as defined by Client management.
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in a System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- 8+ years of experience designing, maintaining, and enhancing user-facing systems implementing complex business flows for large enterprise organizations.
- In-depth understanding of various modern frameworks such as SpringMVC, Angular, Vue, Bootstrap, Material. Experience integrating multiple frameworks to meet business requirements efficiently.
- Proven experience designing and delivering high quality solutions spanning multiple development teams, with focus on good end-user experience.
- Expert knowledge of the application security vulnerabilities and remediation. Understanding of OWASP principles and recommendations and ability to apply these to day-to-day work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with experience working in a highly collaborative on-site environment.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Proven experience preparing and presenting technical documentation to various audiences.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining and supporting large enterprise systems in a production environment
- Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects in parallel, balancing time and schedule based on the business priorities of the organization
- Prior experience being based at a Client site on a day to day basis
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.