Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Human Resource Specialist, Employee Services in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
The Leidos Senior Human Resource (HR) Specialist, Employee Services, will be responsible for providing exceptional support and customer service to employees, managers, HR, Workplace Relations, and other teams as needed in such areas as benefits, leave administration, and other general HR support. We want to ensure that every employee has a positive experience working with HR Services.
• Serve as "one-stop-shop" for employees on all matters including complex benefits and HR issues, basic questions concerning timecharging, travel, required training, expense reports, etc.
• Perform troubleshooting on a variety of issues that may extend beyond the reach of traditional HR, requiring the ability to network cross-functionally and leverage relationships to support our employee customers.
• Provide "beyond best in class" customer service.
• Monitor questions on Prism (company intranet) as needed.
• Facilitate resolution to complex employee and manager inquiries; provide benefits/leave subject matter expertise.
• Handle complex inquiries requiring a detailed or technical knowledge, including those involving benefit programs, plans, or services.
• Investigate and resolve complex problems, handle disputes.
• Recognize customer service delivery issues; recommend and implement solutions to meet service level agreements.
• Provide administrative support for benefit programs.
• Provide employee and manager support for Skillport questions and issues.
• Provide interpretation in areas where policy, procedure or requirements are unclear.
• Interface directly with insurance carriers to research and resolve benefit eligibility and enrollment issues; identify root causes to avoid issue recurrence.
• Refer issues to Supervisor or Manager, Employee Services in accordance with escalation procedures.
• Work with Supervisor or Manager, Employee Services to ensure effective hand off of escalated cases to COE or third parties.
• Act as a point of contact in planning and organizing complex and/or large scale benefits transactions such as benefits open enrollment or acquisitions.
• Communicate updates and changes to benefit programs to employee populations (i.e. annual open enrollment related changes).
• Act as a point of contact for information residing on the knowledge-based system; ensure that information is up-to-date and easily accessible.
• Provide support for routine employee problem resolution for Workday.
• Within defined parameters and guidelines - review, grant, or escalate requests for administrative corrections for various benefit enrollment/change scenarios.
• Utilize the case management tool to track issues and escalations.
• Collaborate with other HR service delivery areas, HR leadership, etc. on new and existing programs and process improvement initiatives.
• Maintain flexibility and a positive attitude toward innovation and change.
• Position operates out of a shared services environment and, as such, requires a consistent on-site schedule and occasional after-hours support as needed or required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to complex issues
• Ability to use deductive reasoning to assess multi-faceted questions and problems
• Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers in writing
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
• Experience resolving complex issues utilizing external resources and escalating internally when appropriate
• Experience working with and independently interpreting internal policies and procedures to ensure continuity of business services
• Extensive experience supporting internal customers in a specialized HR capacity
• Commitment to outstanding customer service, both internal and external
• Foundational knowledge of HR, including compliance requirements and benefits
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in business related field coupled with 2+ years related benefits, HR, or other relevant work experience; OR an Associate's degree coupled with 4+ years related benefits, HR, or other relevant work experience; OR a High School diploma coupled with 6+ years of related benefits, HR, or other relevant work experience.