The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Nuclear Powerplant Training Specialist to work at the Bettis Laboratory facility in West Mifflin, PA. This is an opportunity to use your experience to help Leidos support Fluor Marine Propulsion (FMP) LLC's support to the Navy's Training Program Conversion - Design project. In this project we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced Navy Nuclear Power technicians, and Navy Nuclear Propulsion subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) products used in the Navy's self-paced nuclear power plant training program. Candidate will be responsible to work with instructional designers, multimedia designers, and other nuclear Powerplant SMEs to develop technical training content that will be used as part of the Naval Nuclear Power Program (NNPP). Candidate will perform reviews of other experts' work and provide input on their operational experience and understanding of the manuals. Will be responsible for reading and understanding tasking from a project schedule to help support strict deadlines. Candidate will work as part of a geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary team.
- Bachelor's Degree, Technical or Engineering preferred. Must have a minimum of 4 years (6 years preferred) in the NNPP.
- A graduate of the Naval Nuclear Power Training Program and be either a Mechanic or Engineering Watch Supervisor or Engineering Officer of the Watch.
- Experience with S8G Background.
- Experience working as part of a virtual multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently to strict deadlines.
- Must have an active or current Final US Secret (or higher) security clearance to start work.
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter.
- Active or current DoE L or Q clearance is a plus.