Leidos has an immediate opening for a Unix/Linux Administrator to support the design, development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities in support of a dynamic customer enterprise. The Unix/Linux Administrator performs System Administration tasks on a customer's system that supports mission needs and coordination requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives
- Support the design, build and deployment of applications in a hardened enterprise Linux environment.
- Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
- Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Support the planning, configuration and implementation of features on the Linux platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- PKI management using OpenSSL
- Operating and maintaining systems in Linux (RHEL)/CentOS
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring with Nagios
- Scripting language experience
- Experience with RHEL
- Previous experience supporting a DevOps program
- Demonstrated experience with Scripting/Automation
- Able to troubleshooting issues skills in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Solid experience developing scripts with Bash, Perl, Python.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
Candidate must Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years or prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience using ElasticSearch