Job Requisition:Transition Manager
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Transition Manager to provide leadership on a mission-critical program whose purpose is to development, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for DHS/CBP mission critical systems. As part of the As-Is Transition Phase-in, the Leidos Transition Manager will ensure Leidos personnel are in-place with required knowledge and appropriate access to tools, systems, and activities necessary for the transition from the incumbent over to Leidos. Additionally, the Transition Manager will lead the development Transition Phase-Out planning for the transition of the entire scope of services and service management to a successor contractor to include staffing, artifacts, infrastructure, models, processes, licenses, assets, facilities and tools.
• Lead the planning of all associated activities necessary for the transition of services, licenses, tools, infrastructure, assets, and facilities from the incumbent contractor to Leidos.
• Lead the development and submission of contract deliverables such as Transition Phase-In Plans, Transition Readiness Review packages, and Transition Phase-Out plans.
• Lead the development and submission of a Transition Phase-out Plan to include details of phase-out for each transition project, as appropriate.
• Lead the preparation of the Transition Phase-out Plan and Phase-out Plan execution.
• Document and present Capture lessons learned during Transition Phase-In.
• Lead kick-off meetings between Leidos, as-is staff, and Government leadership at various sites for awareness of activities and actions to facilitate the transition.
• Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Demonstrated experience managing large-scale contract transitions and related transition of services.
• Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK or SDLC.
• Demonstrated understanding of ITIL Service Design and/or Service Transition processes.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Prior DHS experience delivering transition or system migration services and support.
• PMP Certification.
• ITIL Certification.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.