The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Border Patrols Systems (BPS) Portfolio Manager to oversee contractor staff working on applications and systems within the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Border Enforcement and Mission Systems Directorate (BEMSD) Portfolio.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the development, modernization, enhancement, operation, and maintenance of ~40 applications and systems that are critical to the execution of the CBP mission.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will liaise with CBP branch chiefs and senior program management to provide strategic advice, planning, and guidance on maintaining, modernizing, and migrating portfolio applications and systems into the cloud.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will provide the internal voice of the customer and will work with the customer to understand, prioritize, and communicate their needs to application/system product owners, and to manage and prioritize the capabilities and features added to the customer's portfolio.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will help to set the technical vision and roadmap for the applications/systems in the CBP/BEMSD portfolio and will be responsible for converting CBP strategic objectives into portfolios capabilities.
The BPS Portfolio Manager will assist with the introduction of agile/lean practices into the existing application/system development and O&M organizations.
• At least five years of experience managing teams in an IT environment.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple software development teams concurrently
• At least ten years' experience managing teams of 40-100 people.
• Demonstrated experience delivering IT solutions for government organizations like DHS or CBP
• Demonstrated experience in Agile development and DevOps/SecDevOps
• Demonstrated experience migrating applications (mainframe and server-based) into cloud environments, including hybrid and/or multi-cloud deployments.
• Demonstrated experience with AWS and/or Azure Cloud Services
• Demonstrated experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
• Demonstrated experience with SAFe®
• Demonstrated experience in ITIL/ISO-20000
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.