Are you interested in continuing your career in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of US AFRICOM's mission objectives.
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, GCCS Systems Administrator. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Djibouti. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role you will:
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrate experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Support systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Ensure system availability and reliability of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) and related GCCS Family of Systems (FoS) on the networks.
- Establish complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer GCCS systems.
- Maintain file servers and network access.
- Document, analyze and troubleshoot systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Provide effective and efficient operation and interconnectivity of a Department of Defense Network and will execute the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance and efficiency.
- Perform System and Network Administration and System Security.
- Provide senior level knowledge and Tier 3 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 3 infrastructure, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support that builds, configures, and administers GCCS and related GCCS FoS.
- Configure devices in accordance with security policies. Other duties as assigned.
- Provide systems administration, system maintenance, and technical refresh/upgrade support to C2 application/systems.
- Work with GCCS PMO or other designated C2 PMO. Procure hardware with minimum specifications as determined by the PMO and GOTS developer.
- Provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active Secret Clearance
- BA/BS + 4 years or AA/AS +6 years recent or a major cert + 8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- Oracle Solaris, RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator) or MCSA-Windows Server 2012
- CompTIA Security + certification (IAT Level II or greater)
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2016, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10-11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Working knowledge of Solaris zones and Red Hat Kernel Virtual Machines (KVM)
- Experience in GCCS administration, systems integration, network administration
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience with the following systems: TBMCS, AEGIS, DCGS, JTT, ADNS, TADL, Link, ADSI, JTAGS
- Experience with: ICSF, COP, Agile Client, TMSWeb, KML/KMZ, MIL STD 2525D, ArcGIS, Google Earth
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Experience with VmWare ESXi administration
- Experience with managing and developing Group Policies
- Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches