Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a recently awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement US AFRICOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Project Manager, Senior (PMP). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
More About the Role:
Provide project management services pertaining to IT Services and the supporting IT infrastructure in support of US EUCOM requirements. Follow PMBOK guidance as the industry best practice for Initiation and Planning, Execution, Monitoring/Control and Closeout of government approved EUCOM projects. Prepares and presents program level management reviews of project performance. Responsible for preparing, updating, and distributing project management products, such as PERT/CPM charts, and major milestone calendars required for overall program management. Monitors and tracks identified events in each individual project and tracks the interdependencies of all schedules, resulting in an overall master schedule. Responsible for specifying scheduling and graphics tools to support management of DISN programs. Produces management reports for personnel and contractual resources. Develops work breakdown structures and prepares charts, tables, graphs, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems and making recommendations. Develops AFRICOM specific best practices for project management and mentors juniors project managers in applying the EUCOM project management standards.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Manages the project work and leads project startup and execution in accordance with task orders.
- Ensures quality, define and collect metrics and manage overall schedule.
- Manages fact-finding, analysis, and development of hypothesis/conclusions, production of final reports and delivery of presentations.
- Has demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management methodologies in order to work with intricate, multifaceted projects.
- Manages the overall coordination of IT projects, from planning through implementation.
- Sets project scope, priorities, and deadlines, as well as the schedule for deliverables.
- Facilitates discussions and consensus among the various project stakeholders.
- Monitors, adjusts and reports on project performance, budget, and schedule.
- Tracks administration of systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules. Interfaces with vendors as required.
- Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Provides work direction and guidance to others.
- Prepares and presents program level management reviews of project performance. Responsible for preparing, updating, and distributing project management products, such as PERT/CPM charts, and major milestone calendars required for overall program management.
- Monitors and tracks identified events in each individual project and tracks the interdependencies of all schedules, resulting in an overall master schedule.
- Specifies scheduling and graphics tools to support management of DISN programs.
- Produces management reports for personnel and contractual resources.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training, and quality assurance/quality control as necessary.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Provides project management support aligned with PMBOK, as well as industry practices for engineering projects.
- Provides project management services pertaining to IT services and the supporting IT infrastructure in support of the requirements of US AFRICOM.
- Supports site surveys, develop project charters, develop baselines, create Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs)
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Possesses thorough understanding and experience with PMBOK
- Experience communicating with senior level stakeholders.
- BA/BS + 8 years recent specialized or AA/AS + 10 years recent specialized or a major cert + 11 years recent specialized or 13+ years of recent specialized experience
- TESA Eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- DOD 8570 IAT2 compliance (CompTIA Security + equal or greater)
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- MCSA and/or CCNA
- Incident and Problem Management Experience
- Experience working in a Combatant Command