The Systems Engineer role provides support across an Agile team supporting technology assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management. This role will be engage in the review and subsequent reporting of usage of system, data and information in support the adherence with outlined policies and procedures. The Splunk engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk
- Build and integrate contextual data into notable events
- Recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Provide technical, managerial and administrate direction relative to the problem
- Recommend innovative solutions to management and key stakeholders
- The Splunk engineer will work in a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
- Working with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
- Experience developing in HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, JAVA and Python scripts
- In-depth experience working in AWS
- In-depth experience in SQL
- Experience administering Linux OS/ such as Redhat Enterprise
- Certified Splunk Administrator
- Prior management experience
- Requires Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.