Java Software Development Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Java Software Development Engineer to join an agile feature development team on the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. Position is located in Ashburn, VA. Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the positions requires U.S. Citizenship.
The position requires strong technical skills in order to participate in a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals as a Scrum Team Member. Excellent communication, team participation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment are needed. This position also requires software engineering skills in Design, Development, Documentation, Integration, Debugging and Testing. As a Scrum Team Member, you will be working in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum processes, escalating and resolving impediments, and helping drive program-level continuous improvement for this high profile Leidos program. You are expected to work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Systems Engineers, and other agile feature development teams.
Java Software Development Responsibilities:
• Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
• Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of enhancements to the system. Leading technical solution development and assisting junior staff.
• Participating fully in the Scrum team activities (Planning, Retrospective, & Review/Demo).
• Resolve critical issues on the operational system when necessary.
• Typically requires Bachelor of Science degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant professional experience.
• Experience working at an organization using SAFe.
• Experience developing software for flight planning systems.
• Should have Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum.
• Experience using the Atlassian tools: JIRA, Crucible, Confluence, Bamboo; Ant; Gradle; Tomcat and VersionOne.
• Previous experience engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations-is preferred