Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineers to join agile feature development teams on the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. Multiple position are available in Ashburn, VA and Gaithersburg, MD. Candidates must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the positions requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position requires strong technical skills in order to participate in a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals as a Scrum Team Member. Excellent communication, team participation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment are needed. This position also requires software engineering skills in Design, Development, Documentation, Integration, Debugging and Testing. As a Scrum Team Member, you will be working in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum processes, escalation and resolve impediments, and help drive program-level continuous improvement for this high profile Leidos program. You are expected to work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Systems Engineers, and other agile feature development teams.
• Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
• Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of enhancements to the system. Recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of the AFSS strategy. Lead and guide work of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
• Participate fully in the Scrum team activities (Planning, Daily Stand Up, Retrospective, & Review/Demo).
• Resolve critical issues on the operational system when necessary.
• Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in related field and 12-15 years of prior relevant professional experience or Masters in related field and 10-13 years of prior relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Should have Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum.
• Experience working at an organization using SAFe.
• Experience on Air Traffic or working with Air Traffic Systems.
• Experience using the Atlassian tools: JIRA, Crucible, Confluence, Bamboo; Ant; Gradle; Tomcat and VersionOne.