No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and cyber security professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Leidos is seeking an experienced Security Operations Center (SOC) Technical Shift Supervisor to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Security Operations Center (SOC) with work location in Bluemont, VA. Shift Supervisor's work a 12 hour shift from 12am to 12pm or 12pm to 12am. Shift Schedules are either Fronts: Sun, Mon, Tues and every other Wed or Backs: Thur, Fri, Sat and every other Wed.
- Supervise and Manage a small team of Cyber Security Analysts within the SOC in support of the Government Customer (FEMA).
- Manage and conduct hands-on technical detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and remediation as a member of the Incident Response team
- Guide and mentor peers and subordinates to provide cross training
- Ensure accountability and punctuality of security analysts assigned to your shift
- Capture cybersecurity metrics in direct-support to executive-level briefings (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Articulate daily challenges to the Government SOC GWO
- Analyze web and host logs for indications of compromise
- Remediate and coordinate the remediation of infected or compromised devices
- Ensure shift continuity during call-outs and emergencies
- Compile incident reports, executive summaries, and analysis reports of intrusions and/or security events
- Document and update processes, workflows, and technical guides
- Perform simple firewall rule changes (after training)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience. Military experience, training and Cyber Certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
Active Advanced cybersecurity certification(s). Experience conducting detailed technical analysis of Cybersecurity Events and Incidents. Experience with Microsoft Office products. Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Must have a minimum of an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI. In addition, all employees on FEMA contract must also obtain DHS EOD clearance in addition to DoD Secret or TS/SCI.
Must possess and demonstrate knowledge in two or more of the following cybersecurity fields/skills:
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection
- Access Control and Authorization
- Policy Enforcement
- Application Security
- Protocol Analysis
- Firewall Management
- Incident Response
- Advanced Threat Protection
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Malware reverse-engineering experience considered a plus
- 2 years (or more) of experience as an operations/technical lead on similar projects (operations centers considered a plus)
- Experience supporting 24x7 missions
- Experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with Service Desk support and operations
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Understanding of DevOps/Agile concepts and processes