The Strategic Resource Manager will work as a critical member of the Civil IT Division and the Exploration Mission Support Operation teams, responsible for ensuring the strategic implementation of hiring and onboarding activities across the division by collaborating across Division Leadership, Program Managers and Talent Acquisition. We're looking for someone that is result driven and is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth. You will be a catalyst for accelerating the talent engine through forecasting, continuous improvement, collaboration across internal and external partners to identifying and matching available talent to current and/or future opportunities.
The Strategic Resource Manager reports directly to the Division Manager and will work closely with multiple Portfolio/Program Managers and Talent Acquisition to become familiar with the staffing requirements of the programs and future opportunity pipeline. The candidate will ensure that the talent pipeline is monitored and measured against demand to meet current and future division and program requirements.
The Strategic Resource Manager will manage prioritized staffing activities, and identify and implement innovations and efficiencies to materially increase Leidos talent across the Division and Group. Candidate will also work closely with Leidos corporate entities to increase the flow and responsiveness by facilitating the onboarding and redeployment of current employees, process security requirements, and support employee development, retention and mobility.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate program staffing actions
- Establish staffing processes and standards for program
- Address and resolve staffing issues for customer, subcontractors, and Leidos employees
- Prepare metrics and staffing trends/summaries for monthly and award fee reports
- Collaborate and coordinate staffing decisions with program team, customer, and subcontractors
- Manage the redeployment program and processes
- Assist Program Manager in making performance, hire, and removal decisions
- Ensure Talent Acquisition is informed on behalf of PM's to create and update requirements to allow for effective marketing of open positions and tracking of hiring for the Division
- In support of line portfolio/program managers suggest, implement, and/or update processes to more effectively hire and retain direct employees
- Planning and monitoring business projections, status of open positions, coverage for current staff, and assignment completions
- Work with Talent Acquisition and staff augmentation teams to identify qualified candidates to propose for new business opportunities and fill open positions.
- Maintain the accuracy of availability data in and deliver reports using the Resource Management toolset
- Review and disperse resumes of qualified internal staff to hiring managers, coordinate reports on shared portals, create and maintain reports and spreadsheets pertaining to all employees and their utilization; and provide a high level of customer service to internal and external clients
- Responsible for special projects and any other duties as assigned
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience, and judgment (e.g., identify trends and implement preventative solutions, identify cross-charging opportunities)
- Work with business units to determine and coordinate their current and long-term staffing needs (e.g., attend new opportunity meetings, develop plans, attend monthly meetings with managers, ensure adequate pipeline of applicants to fill all current positions)
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of overall related program/project support experience with a minimum of 5 years Hiring / Recruitment experience in the Federal Government Contracting Industry
- Must be able to multi-task, organize, take initiative, negotiate, follow through, and anticipate the next steps needed in a situation. The successful candidate is well-organized, collaborative, detail-oriented, and enjoys being part of a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of management and staff as this position requires the ability to build strong client relationships with internal/external customers, functional departments within the corporation, peers, managers and candidates
- Demonstrated ability to deliver innovative approaches and efficiencies around hiring to an organization
- Ability to successfully balance and prioritize multiple competing tasks working in an ever-changing work environment in which priorities may change on a frequent basis.
- Experience executing hiring and staffing actions for a program
- Experience interviewing and selecting candidates to meet customer requirements
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to work well with deadlines, and have a sense of urgency about tasks.
- Requires proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), as this position requires the ability to prepare, analyze, and deliver workforce management reports to senior leadership.
- The candidate should possess an ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Experience with working with personnel security programs
- Familiarity with Leidos' hiring practices and tools (i.e. Workday)
- In-depth knowledge of the program's client organizations and points of contact
- Experience working in information technology, systems integration or business consulting role across Federal Civilian Agencies
- Solid understanding of HR practices as a hiring manager or HR professional preferred.
- Experience using project management software
- Public Trust clearance