Software Development JAVA Engineer - Automated Flight Service (AFSS) Eagan MN
Leidos has an exciting opportunity as a Software Development JAVA Engineer who will join an Agile feature development team supporting an Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. AFSS provides meteorological and aeronautical information to assist general aviation customers in making informed decisions regarding their intended flights, including preflight weather briefings, flight plan processing, inflight advisory services, search and rescue initiation, and assistance to aircraft in emergencies. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. Candidates must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the positions requires U.S. Citizenship.
• Participate in a multi-skilled, complex, technical team of individuals as a Scrum Team Member.
• Design, Development, Documentation, Integration, Debugging and Testing. As a Scrum Team Member, you will be working in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum processes, escalation and resolve impediments, and help drive program-level continuous improvement for this high profile Leidos program.
• Work effectively with other Team Members, coordinating with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Systems Engineers, and other agile feature development teams.
• Work with multiple feature development teams to meet both sprint and release commitments and milestones.
• Contribute to the feature team's design, development, documentation and testing of enhancements to the system. Leading technical solution development and assisting junior staff.
• Participating fully in the Scrum team activities (Planning, Retrospective, & Review/Demo).
• Resolve critical issues on the operational system when necessary.
• Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in related field and 8-12 years of prior relevant professional experience or Masters in related field and 6-10 years of prior relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience engaging stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Excellent communication, team participation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast paced environment are needed
• Should have Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum.
Preferred skills and knowledge:
• Working at an organization using SAFe.
• Experience working with Air Traffic Systems/Air Traffic
• Experience using the Atlassian tools: JIRA, Crucible, Confluence, Bamboo; Ant; Gradle; Tomcat and VersionOne.