Job Requisition:Cyber Security/Vulnerability Analyst
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Serves as a Cyber Security/ Vulnerability Analyst for the Security Team. Conducts security patch monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the RMF team mission. Conducts enterprise-level vulnerability scans to include Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud security. Performs vulnerability assessment, risk assessments, independent certification testing, security test and evaluation, penetration testing and verifies the accuracy and completeness of checklists and reports associated with the assessment and authorization process. Uses industry accepted tools to assess the full scope of the vulnerability and compliance status of all classified IT software, hardware and network systems. An ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in FISMA reporting, vulnerability detection and assessment, penetration testing, cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web Application, Vulnerability, and Compliance assessments. Information System Security Engineering experience is a plus.
- Assess large-scale reporting, analyze trends, and provide contextual reporting Security Services Manager or representative.
- Review and analyze security tool output and vulnerability data to identify relevant vulnerabilities; monitor external threat intelligence feeds for internal relevance.
- Work with System Owners and technical teams to prioritize and remediate identified threats and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, conduct troubleshooting of failed scans, and analyze vulnerability reports from enterprise assessment tools such as SCAP, Security Center, Nessus and NexPose.
- Interface with Security Control Assessors (SCA), System Owners and System Administrators in order to coordinate and perform complex security test data analysis, and vulnerability and compliance testing on a wide range of classified IT systems.
- Support compliance and risk management activities, recommend security controls and corrective actions to mitigate vulnerability risks.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager to ensure vulnerability scans adhere to approved timelines in support of the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process. Clearance Required Active TS/SCI (DHS suitability preferred) Required Skills And Education
- Security+, CISSP, CEH, GPEN Certification
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, or Computer Science Experience • 4 years of experience in vulnerability assessment and penetration testing.
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, Nexprose, SCAP, Security Center) and vulnerability management platforms.
- Experience using common security testing and analysis tools (Metasploit, Kali Linux).
- Experience with AWS cloud.
- Understanding of cloud computing and security issues related to cloud environments.
- Understanding of vulnerability management and security testing practices and methodologies.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail in tracking and reporting compliance activity and trend analysis of enterprise vulnerabilities.
- Ability to develop follow-up action plans to resolve reportable issues and communicate with the other technologists to address security threats and vulnerabilities.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Familiarity with ICD 503, 4300A/B/C, NIST 800-53 Revision 4 and up, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG's), and other compliance guidelines.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work.
- Oral Communication – Shares information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.