The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
The Information Assurance Analyst (IAA) is the primary Information Assurance (IA) officer and responsible for the management and technical administration of the Information System (IS) in accordance with internal and external security requirements. The IAA will oversee day-to-day information system security operations including hardware and software implementations along with assisting users as needed in a classified computing environment. Ability to work independently as well as with a team of analysts trained in project management, system integration, and other skills. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands.
Job duties include:
- Continuous upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to Information System, network and security events.
- Build weekly activity report and metrics slide
- Provide annual assessment support
- Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe.
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware.
- Author all required information system security-related documentation as required by cognizant security authority and IAW RMF, NIST, SAP/SAR, ICD and published standards.
- Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and customer directives.
- Ensures records are maintained for workstations, servers, software, routers, firewalls, network switches, crypto, and other relevant hardware/equipment throughout the information system's life cycle.
- Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system, and advises senior site leadership of the security relevance.
- Lead / conduct security IS education and training.
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments and Continuous Monitoring.
- Lead investigations/remediation of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Facility Security and Senior Program Managers.
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
- Working with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) to develop, implement and manage a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program.
- Oversee the completion of entry/exit forms for equipment and media entering secured areas.
- Conduct vulnerability scans of external media
- Serve as alternate PKI registered agents as applicable
- Lead the authorization process for new hardware and software request
- Author, review and update operation instructions (OIs) and assessment and authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) to support re-authorization activities.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. In Lieu of a bachelor's degree 7+ years of IA experience will be consider.
- Current or ability to obtain DoD 8570 baseline certification for IAM III within 6 months
- Current DHS Suitability or EOD
- Detailed understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST, ICD, and CNSS standards.
- Familiarity with network technologies (LAN & WAN) and best practices within a classified environment to include crypto and key management
- Expert with Microsoft Windows, Linux, and system virtualization (multiple hypervisors) in a secure network environment.
- Must be able to work in a constantly changing regulatory environment with short, mid, and long term timelines for remediating any non-compliance
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Good writing and verbal presentation skills
- Final SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility
- Past or current ISSM/ISSO experience
- CEH or CHFI a plus
- GCIH a plus
- DoD IS knowledge and experience
- Background or understanding of System Security Plans (SSP)
- Security hardening scripting/automation experience
- Microsoft OS Certification (MCSE Win 7 or other)
- Linux certification (RHCSA, CompTIA Linux, LCFS/LCFE, etc.)
- Understanding of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) standards
- Some background in research and analysis