Job Requisition:Security Manager
Leidos is looking for a Security Manager to provide leadership on a mission-critical program. The Security Manager will oversee security compliance and processes, as well as direct contractor Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs). The Security Manager will be the primary liaison with the Government’s security lead, and will ensure that critical security functions such as authorities to operate (ATOs), certificate renewals, and related tasks are completed successfully and on-schedule.
• Providing leadership and vision in incident handling, response, and analysis.
• Planning and assignment of tasks, monitoring delivery, and work assignments.
• Reviewing work products prior to delivery to the Government.
• Supporting the adoption and/or implementation of Federal and national standards or guidance to enhance training and skills development for the Federal workforce.
• Developing and presenting capability and technology roadmaps.
• Supporting development and maintenance of Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans and other operations planning documentation.
• Providing technical assistance in the development of Business Impact Analyses (BIA), Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs).
• Providing engineering and technical support services to functional groups to include providing specific tool studies, systems analyses, testing and evaluation, and to supplement operational technical assistance as required.
• Providing support to programming code reviews, determining system performance specifications, identifying and resolving interoperability problems, developing requirements, determining parameters, and resolving conflicts between disparate technologies as they arise.
• Providing subject matter expertise to assist with matters to include strategies for improving resource allocation, alignment of work, and improving work-life balance for employees.
• Demonstrating hands on experience with operating and managing IT security / Information Assurance solutions in the context of Federal IT Security regulations and guidance such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-37 and FIPS 199
• Providing potential solutions to remediate issues while allowing systems to remain operational and compliant in a mission-first environment
• Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Recognized IT Security Certification; (CISSM or CISSP)
• Experience defining strategic governance for security management, defining quality metrics, and implementing repeatable processes for a portfolio of applications
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas are required:
- Understanding of Federal security practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of current security tools; hardware/software security implementations;
- Communication protocols;
- and encryption techniques/tools
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Shall be capable of working independently as well as part of a larger group under minimal/moderate supervision.
• A technical background such as information assurance, cyber security, computer science, computer engineering, or traditional engineering, is preferred as the technical skills will assist with the ISSO tasks.
• At least five (5) years’ experience managing IT security teams
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.