Leidos has a career opportunity for a Database Administrator to join our team in support of the 35th IS mission requirements at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must already possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance on day 1
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technical, Engineering, Math, etc)
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Current Security+ certification (IAT Level II)
- Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols.
- SQL programming experience required
- Relational database experience required
- Understanding of database replication
- Linux experience